Diaries of the Newly Enceinte: The First Trimester (Weeks 5 to 8)

8 wks Preggy: Not much to show yet, but starting to fill out

You would think that learning about my baba at 5 weeks would make things easier right? That's one month and a week off my 40 week wait. But noooooo... for anyone who knows me, they know that I plan things. I hate surprises and anything that remotely deals with the unknown. I don't just like to be prepared about the serious stuff, I NEED to be.

Week 5

Apart from not being able to hold back and pretty much telling every man and his dog about our new arrival I was a good momma and promptly cut myself off from coffee, tea, and softdrinks. 

Staying away was easy, I didn't even crave it. I was so determined to do this right I didn't even bat an eyelash. I did however, get caffeine headaches. No surprises there as I came from 2-3 cups of coffee a day, 1-2 glasses of iced tea a day, to suddenly going cold turkey. It was not a pretty sight. The good thing though, it only lasted the week.

I've also found myself reading through as many websites as I can on pregnancies, what happens week by week and googling every tiny little symptom I get. The most exciting part? PIC is reading with me and is really paying attention. Well, what do you know. Parenthood does change people.

Week 6

We said we'd wait till the GP check up, but hey its me. I made it halfway through this week then promptly got myself Folic Acid and Omega 3 DHA. No spina bifida for my baba, no siree!

Did I mention my boobage is now ginormous?? Well not really considering I didn't have much to start with. But at one point I was telling PIC that if it wasn't weird, I'd probably need to take pictures for posterity's sake.

Week 7

Don't laugh, but by now I have already planned my kid's first birthday in Manila. Not sure how that's going to happen as we have very strong views about not flying long haul with a child less than two years old.

Still, I've done my guest list and outlined themes for what I want to do if its a girl or a boy. I have also done my shopping on Amazon and put everything on a wish list. So when the time comes, all I have to do is click "check out". Perfect!

We've also booked our GP visit at the start of our 9th week hoping that the baby will have matured enough for us to hear a strong heartbeat. Fingers crossed!

The not so good thing? I've read so much that I'm now treading dangerous waters and started reading up on miscarriages. PIC lectures me on scaring myself. But unless I hit that 12th/14th week mark I'm reigning a part of myself in. I've heard too many stories to be 100% comfortable but at the same time hoping that everything is going to be all right.

Week 8

Did I ever say how it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to look at those week by week calendars and get a good idea of what your baby looks like each week? We think its cool that he/she has been looking more like an alien than a baby the last couple of weeks. I've even said "hello alien" to him / her a couple of times too.

Oh! And for some funny reason, I keep wanting to watch cartoons!

I've had really bad nausea the last week but no vomiting. I blame it on the Omega 3. It only crept up when I started taking it every morning. But because the last two months have been pretty good for morning sickness, plus the fact that I got a record of 3 zits when I never had them as a teenager -- PIC is convinced that we are having a boy. And here I was already dreaming of all the cool stuff I could do with a mini me...

Doctor's appointment is tomorrow. Latest googled symptoms are the continued mild cramps and the elevated body temperatures in the evenings. So far everything says this is normal but I am a noob, so don't blame me if I start freaking about the small stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!

That Little Old Lady