My Partner In Crime aka PIC

This weekend is a bit different from many weekends past. There was no weekly badminton, no plans with friends, a Rugby World Cup Final Sunday night and a public holiday on Monday. I loved it.

Our weekend project

Not because we did anything exciting, but more because I actually got to spend time with PIC where it was just us and our usual silly selves. 

Over the last three days, we didn't get out of bed till late. We ate out the whole time, had our walks, little shopping expeditions, did a bit of gardening, and snuggled on the couch watching TV. Its not as if this is any different from other weekends or other down times we've had in the past. I think its just a perk that we didn't have to worry about needing to be somewhere at any given time. 

The only trouble with having just a bit too much time on your hands is when its coupled with an innate propensity for mischief. 

PIC's ideal cut (Source)
PIC has been talking about getting a really short haircut in the next couple of days and I've been trying to convince him to let me do it since we had a pair of clippers anyway. In my mind, I was thinking of a really close shave similar to when he did it for charity. In his head, he wanted something short, but more in line with this gent to the right.

Late Sunday afternoon, I don't know what it was, probably him just coming from an afternoon siesta or the lightheartedness of the last couple of days but he actually agreed to let me cut his hair!

So there I was all giggly and excited! After the first swipe of the clippers I thought: "Ooooo that's short." It was an invigorating feeling to cut someone's hair (when you're not really qualified to) but crazy scary as well as I was deathly afraid of PIC glancing into the mirror and seeing what I've done to the back of his head. Halfway through, I decided to brave it and asked him to have a peek.

PIC after clippers
I won't lie, he was definitely surprised to see how short it was. Like I said we had two different ideas of short. But all he did was laugh it off and right then I decided I loved PIC just a bit more for trusting me with the disastrous idea of cutting his hair.

I spent the rest of the evening giggling, giving him bear hugs, and little happy kisses because in a weird way, that little hair cut meant a lot. That show of trust, patience and tolerance meant a lot.

[Although he did say, he's going to put the clippers under lock and key now. He says the look of delirium and joy on my face felt like I could plan to do something like this while he sleeps.]

For all the adventures, the mad conversations, and the spoiling. Its times like these that I recall why PIC is my true partner in crime.

He makes me happy.


 Although a few days early, happy, happy birthday PIC. Can't wait for dinner on Friday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!

That Little Old Lady