Quick Post: On the Joys of Pending Parenthood

Steve Wiens: To Parents of Small Children: Let Me Be the One Who Says It Out Loud

 In the same vein that I whinge endlessly over the trials of pregnancy and exult over my little bub's growth -- I suspect this article will be me in the coming years.

I know I am a direct person and I have suffered through many a disapproving frown, tongue clicks, and lectures as I spout statements of fact that usually fall under the shameful category of "done-but-unadmitted". 

But I truly believe in saying it as it is. Unfortunately, with each year that passes, I find that I possess a waning patience for the silly and the lack of common sense in this world that I become even more direct (if that were even possible) and even more unforgiving of obtrusive and judgy comments thrown about.

Reading this though makes me feel rational in my sense that while I understand the joys of pending parenthood, I most adamantly will not pretend its a walk in the park & that I should be thankful for every wail, tantrum, or any chaotic upheaval that comes my way. While we strive to make them so, kids are not perfect and neither are we. The best we can do is try.

To all parents of little children out there: Its ok to say its not all peachy in your world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!