Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Counting the Days @ 33 weeks

Her crib, all decked out!

Not much has happened since our last post. These last two months are really dragging on so...

As of this writing, we still have 7 weeks, 2 days, 10hrs, 55 minutes, and 8 seconds to go before our due date. Not that I'm counting really. Everything just feels like its moving soooooo slowly.

My travel to little miss piggy-dom does continue though, and I now visibly notice how much my face has blown up. Strangely enough, my arms, shoulders, calves, haven't quite followed suit which I think should be a prime source of elation. My baby bump and my thighs though are a different story altogether. It feels like all that every-5-minute-eating have gone solely to those areas with a few seeping to my now chubby face.

Oh, and my breasts have stopped ballooning too. Either that, or maybe I've gotten used to their new size. Hmm... these days, I see them and I keep wondering whether I'll be able to breast feed or not. A shallow source of anxiety as I am always a practical girl at heart and realize that if I can't, I can't and that's why someone thought of infant formula. I guess if I really am unable to breast feed, my main regret would be splurging on the damn breast pump.

Last (??) of the Amazon boxes with our Life Factory Bottles
We've also started attending childbirth classes. Last Thursday was our 2nd class (out of 6) and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. A lot of it we've already encountered through voracious reading but we've picked up a lot of  new information too. Like thinking of when to cut the cord, benefits of water labor (different from a water birth), how depressingly small 10cm really is, birthing positions, how an epidural actually slows down labor, and so on. PIC is also having the time of his life cracking up at the visuals, stories, and comments from the other parents which sometimes make me wish I'd left him home -- but all good. I am still very stoked that he's so participative. Overall, if you do get the chance to attend one - make sure you go, as you don't know what you don't know until you find out!

These days, I can also feel how much baby has grown. She's stretching and rolling and trying to push out of my tummy every chance she gets. Unfortunately, I don't get the experience some moms do of really getting a visual of the body part (you know, where they actually see a foot stamped on their belly when the babas push out or kick), but I do get to feel little bumps or hard spots on my belly where she's resting. 

Although sometimes uncomfortable, it is pretty cool. I've even taken a video to share with my siblings and they've all gasped and made all the appropriate alien references to my belly.

One thing we have confirmed since last, is that we have a little snabera (snob) in the uterus. She really doesn't like being touched! LOL from how the unknown body parts are positioned, we've guessed that she's turned head down and keep her feet mostly just below my right rib cage. So often enough, we'd find a little bump slightly sticking out on my right which feels like a little foot. Every time we'd try to touch it, she'd always draw it back. 

Thanks Uncle H, Auntie R, & Cousin BBH for the baby swag!!

One evening, PIC was pretty persistent and tried chasing that little appendage around and Aoife promptly responded by moving around in my belly as long as she can stay away from her daddy's probing fingers. Another time, at our routine check-up, she even kicked the Doppler bang on, giving our midwife a bit of a surprise. Yup, looks like little missy picked up mommy's anti-social tendencies.

We're due for our penultimate scan next week and we're excited to see how much she's grown since week 26 and still deciding whether we go 3D again to see her face or just the bog standard 2D scan. We'll let you know how we get on with that one!

Lastly, something that wasn't on my original radar -- get a baby record book! Particularly if you are as scrap booking challenged as I am, there are a couple of nice ones in bookstores now that prompts you with questions, has boxes for pictures and are beautifully illustrated. 

Well, that's it for now. All baby stuff has been set up, washed and stowed in her own set of drawers. Hospital bag all set too, car seat still in its box but I suspect that will be going into the car in another 3 weeks. AND... its been confirmed that my brother is arriving in 6 weeks to be my wonderful postnatal slave for the next 2 months after birth. We're almost there folks! Lets just hope this waiting doesn't drive me nuts before we actually get there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!

That Little Old Lady