Diaries of the Newly Enceinte: To Tell or Not To Tell

2 Weeks Preggers in Sydney and still blissfully unaware

So by my count, I was 5 weeks when I found out and the online calculators estimate my due date to be the 16th of July. Although they do say that your first child can usually be up to two weeks late, I am sticking with the 16th of July.

Number one rule after finding out you're pregnant? Don't tell anyone until after you've passed your 12 week mark. Did I follow it? Not exactly...

In case you haven't read my last post, I am really and truly happy to be an expectant momma. So happy that within minutes of finding out and ringing PIC, I rang my best friend in Canada hoping that she'd still be up at 11:30 pm on a weekday. Thank fudge she was and wasn't cross for being disturbed.

Mid conversation with my baby's future godmother, PIC arrives and tells me off for broadcasting even as he had this big grin plastered on his face. From his expression I can tell he was pretty proud of himself for knocking me up. So fine. Truce. I didn't ring anyone else after. 

But the next day, I told my mom, my brothers and sister, my other bestie in Manila, a cousin, and three work friends. After letting PIC know that I've blabbed, he gave in and told his mom as well. 

The day after that, I tell our besties from Dublin who've moved to OZ. Then promptly encourage them to have kids too so our babies can be besties from the womb.

By the weekend, we tell another pair of friends over dimsum. And by we, I do mean I. 

Short of physically restraining and gagging me, PIC just sighs and explains again why we should wait. All I can say is, I'm happy, I can't help it, I want to tell the world!

Another week passes and I tell two more friends and the slow trickle ensues. 

We are due for our first GP appointment as I finish my eighth week. I am nervous as hell. I pray everything is all right. My gut tells me everything will be fine, but planner that I am I prepare for all eventualities -- this time I hope I don't have to though. I want to continue telling people I'm going to be a kickass mom to a kickass baby.

Six weeks on, before I even hit the 12 week mark, I published my first Enciente blog on the interweb and posted it on Facebook for the Big Reveal. Watch this space as this first time mom shares the glorious highs and the other not so glamorous bits and pieces of having a baby.

Comments

  1. i'm sure you're going to be an awesome mom! so happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!