Quick Post: Reasons to Get an Ipad

So its been a while. 

I guess in the last couple of weeks, real life took over and filling up my little snow globe has fallen to the wayside. Never fear though, as I am now back with a vengeance.

My white 32GB 3G Ipad2 - plus the indulgent wireless keyboard

For those who are with me on Twitter and Facebook you must be sick to death of hearing about my new toy but I thought I'd write this anyway for all the doubting Toms out there who are yet to be convinced of the awesomeness of this little gadget.

It all started with a conversation PIC and I were having a week before my birthday...

Me: "So what are you getting me for my birthday?"
PIC: "What do you want?"
Me: (Tongue in Cheek) "An Ipad?"
PIC: "OK"

--- radio silence ----

Me: "Really, REALLY?!?!??
PIC: nods and continues with what he's doing
Me: (after quickly doing the maths in my head) "Can I have a Gucci Bag instead?"
PIC: "You have too many bags already..." 
plus the beginnings of that that 'I-am-about-to-change-my-mind-if-you-don't-hurry' look
Me: "OK, I'll take the Ipad"

So contrary to my usual M.O. this was one novelty that I didn't have to over analyse the merits of and justify my need for it PRIOR to purchase. Instead, it was one of those, "you'll never know unless you ask" situations that always boggle the mind but never fail to leave a dazed morphine high like grin on my face.

The Red Leather Smart Cover -- Feels like a Red Cross issued Ipad :P

You see, I never really bought into the whole Ipad idea when it was first released or when rumors of the second edition release first started floating about. At present, I have an ipod mini for the car, a touch for the portable speakers at home, a shuffle for the gym, an Iphone 3G sitting at home unused, and an Iphone 4 which I am currently using. Everything Apple that I've bought into is alive, tough as nails and still supply me with maximum fun. So its not as if I doubt the technology, its just I didn't really see what differentiates it from my Iphone or Ipod Touch apart from the up size. But when the hoopla around the new features and the funky cover came about, my interest was piqued. And that my friends, was the only reason that the Ipad was the first thing out of my lips when PIC asked me what I wanted for my birthday. To be even more brutally honest, it was really the smart cover that got me -- we all have our simple sides I guess. And if I had given it more thought, I probably would have gone with something else entirely.

So item agreed and ordered, it took a while for me to actually get my birthday gift. It literally arrived just last Friday (April 15) even after ordering on the day of the international release last March 25. Once it did fall into my geeky hands though, I was in love. 

Why? Because...

Hello Blog!
  1. Its a new toy. Who in this world would not appreciate a new toy??? Its pretty, its sleek, its thin, and light, so much snazzier than the first version, you could seriously stare at it just to enjoy the view, or imagine how "cool" you look carrying one around. For better or worse, you will spend the better part of 2-3 days playing with it, seeing what else will go with it, or what else you can do with it. The best thing about the Ipad2 is that it actually surpasses my expectation of an upsized Ipod Touch / Iphone. The interface is faster, more apps go with it, and more productivity geared software to open PDF files, PowerPoint presentations and excel files. So in the end, it isn't just a giant phone, it can actually replace many net books out there.
  2. Its great for travel. I've always wanted to bring my laptop with me when I travel but given my penchant for overloading luggage, I need all the weight allowances I can get and lugging around a laptop, its charger and all other laptop related contraptions is just not worth it. So the Ipad comes in really handy. It doesn't completely replace your laptop for hardcore work, but it can certainly give me cloud access to my laptop files at home, allow me to surf the net, watch my videos and play games while on the plane or waiting at an airport - all without the bulk and the added weight.
  3. 3G. I can do everything I mentioned in point #2 without needing a dongle, searching for a wifi signal, or plugging into a network. All you need is a sim card and a decent data provider.
  4. The Games. Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Bookworm, Collapse, Scrabble, Sudoku on steroids... need I say more?
  5. Last for this post at least... Its a blogger essential. Mostly for the reasons that revolve around its handiness. Rather than wait to get home, home before I write about my experiences, I can actually take notes as I wrap up each adventure, rather than hope against hope that my brain will remain the sponge that absorbs all truth. I can even go directly to my blog and start writing drafts as I go along
Now this last point will truly be tested as PIC and I go to Lake Taupo this weekend. We've planned at least five activities over two days and it will definitely be a challenge to see if I capture all of them without lapsing into a temporary coma.

So for all you blog enthusiasts out there whether you read or blog yourself, the Ipad2 is definitely the way to go!

Comments

  1. Great post! Jason will love this, may kakampi na siya LOL! and you have the same cover! Khaki naman yung color ng kanya, and his iPad has black border

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, like I said, didn't really buy into it until I had it myself. Now, am starting to wonder how I survived so long without it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuuuuuuuuuuu...... I am currently drooling in envy as I look at the Photos :D Good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!

That Little Old Lady