Diaries of the Newly Enciente: The Birth Envy & The Third Trimester

From vicarious experience Mommyhood's hard work... but I'm fully prepared to have lots of fun with it! (Photo Source)

They say when you get pregnant you suddenly get a heightened radar for discovering other pregnant women. I found this to be true and was quite amazed at how many women I know are preggers at the same time I am. Over a dozen women out there that I know personally are on their way to meet their new bub.

Now comes the bitter part. While we are all preggy at the same time, obviously our due dates wont be in sync. Unfortunately for me, I came in a bit late in the game. In the last month alone, about ten of these expectant mommas actually became mommas!

Cot set up at 27wks!
Then came the barrage of pics on Facebook with their adorable little bundles of joys and declarations of safe deliveries and healthy babas. While I am ridiculously happy for them that the wait is over, this is now highlighting the fact that I still have about two months of waiting to go. 

Who knew 10 weeks would feel like forever? Particularly if you are as low on EQ juices as I am.

I think the situation is further aggravated by the fact that in my perpetual advance planning mode, I have already handed over all my work accountability to my team. And they have been managing fine. At this stage I feel more like a wallflower at work with not even enough admin stuff to keep me busy. I've been so used to everything moving in light speed that I am seriously having issues adjusting to the slower pace. 

Final baby shopping haul!
Most people would think I'm silly for feeling this, but if you know me personally -- how pushy, and atatitat (impatient) I can be then this would make perfect sense. I believe in immediate results, instant gratification, and hate surprises. If there are times when I need to follow a schedule,I usually find another project to keep me occupied while I wait. 

This tactic is now proving hard to employ. Add to the part where I have at least two or three people coming over to tell me how BIG I've grown each day is really not helping. Yes, I know I'm big and yes, I am worried at how big the babba will be come delivery day, and yes, I am so over it. Being told your baby will potentially be an 8.6 pounder when you're petite and 5'1" is not very reassuring! Lets just hope she's long rather than wide...

Sigh. Waiting is definitely not an impatient person's game. There are whispers that I might pop early, but then first babies are more prone to come out late - so not really banking on that flimsy (& potentially scary) hope...

Now that we are in the third trimester, we're pretty set on baby gear. Car seat and pram are still in their boxes, but at least they're in house. Next couple of weeks would be spent organizing I guess. Washing all the clothes, blankies, towels etc. Prepping my hospital bag and baby bag, assembling everything else that needs assembling - and sorting out where everything goes in case we missed anything out! End game is to make sure PIC & I are baby ready by 36 weeks at the latest!

Prop assembly begins!
Symptoms wise - well what can I say. I'm heavier than ever. I look like I have a giant watermelon strapped to my belly, the heartburn is back and I keep getting aches in my hips when I've been walking or standing all day. The added weight is also adding new sleep problems. I can no longer breath when I lay flat as everything gets squished and I've had moments where an arm or a thigh would go numb from the added weight if I lie on my side! There's also the leg cramps at night, usually my right leg. Oh joy, my new life as a little miss fatty.

On the flip side PIC did make me smile and a little fuzzy inside when he suddenly gave me a hug and commented on how he can hardly wrap his arms around me but still loves me anyway. I know he was being smart, but you'd be surprised how these little things brighten your day when you feel like you need a wheelbarrow to move yourself about.

Thirty weeks and counting folks! Its the home stretch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!