Sometimes Its Not All Fun & Games...

I'm sure this guy didn't think it was all fun either

Hello folks, apologies for the long hiatus. Sometimes, it really isn't just all fun and games. The last couple of months have been ridiculously busy both at work and at home. 

At work, we're going through this major transition that almost pushed me to the edge of quitting but lo and behold - glutton for punishment that I am, I remain steady in my day job.

Then there's home life. We were informed almost two months back that our landlords are flying back to the country and want their house back. Which means we have to skedaddle and find another place to rent. Talk about inconsiderate! LOL. Anyway, crisis averted and we've since moved to another rental. This time we made sure the landlord was well and truly away with no plans of coming back to haunt us.

As if these weren't enough to set any sane person running for the hills, I also decided to start processing my mom and brother's visa application to come visit PIC and I in NZ. Sometimes, I think I do these things to myself on purpose just to see how much stress I can handle before I break... Not this time though. Visa application went off without a hitch and both are arriving in the long white cloud in a matter of days.

It hasn't been all gloom the last two months though. For starters, we did manage to see K&P again last Easter when we all met up in Melbourne. I also ticked three restaurants off of my must-go-to-list in Auckland -- Soul, One Tree Grill, and Sails. I also got admitted to a work program I've been hoping to join since I first started in NZ and so far things are looking good in that dept despite all the upheaval of the transition. So all in all, March and April have been pretty painful, but all with good results.

Here's hoping the rest of the year cuts me some slack and eases up on me a bit ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!

That Little Old Lady