Goodbye Train Tracks!

Enjoying my new smile!
Just a quick post to say I finally have my braces off!!!

Last Friday the ortho took an hour and a half taking my braces off and fitting permanent retainers to the back of my lower teeth. Surprisingly, it wasn't as easy as I expected it to be.

Having the doc pry the train tracks off with pliers when they feel like they've been super glued to your teeth is not the most pleasant thing. But I plowed on and kept my eye on the prize whilst I squeezed all the blood from my fingers. I hate getting into that chair but such is the price you pay for vanity.

And voila! At 1:00PM Auckland time on the 25th of November I am officially braces free.

After 19 months of having them, it felt weird to finally get them off. My teeth felt ridiculously light, smooth, and slimy! Then there were those endless hours in front of the mirror getting used to my seemingly bigger teeth, and dare I say, odd smile. It was so different that for a minute I actually went through separation anxiety thinking I looked better with braces on.

Now, one week on, I love that the braces are off. And I am more than glad to have made the decision of getting them in the first place despite PIC's objections.

Get ready world, I'm flashing my pearly whites!

Comments

  1. Nothing sez sexy like slimy teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Congrats hahaha... perfect smile! :)
    It's really weird not having them after wearing them for so long, and now with the retainer, that's another adjustment. I still wear mine every night. For life na yan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ben - haha they felt slimy! I guess just so weird to have them so smooth again :P

    @Mom-Friday - Thanks! Yup have the retainers and getting used to them too, but this is so much better than having full time braces so I really don't mind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diaries of the Newly Enciente: Baby Lists!